Thursday, October 13, 2022

My story


 My name is Michelle Anne Pelky I was born on May 4th 1964  to Mike and Sandy Pelky of Interlochen Michigan. I have one younger sister named Cindy. I grew up in the country next door to my Grandma Ann. My mom's mom. I spent a lot of time at Grandmas house. When I was 17 I moved in with Grandma and adopted a cat named Sam and later had a cat named Henry show up at the front door. I went to school in Traverse City Michigan. I had a long ride on the bus every day. School was about 20 miles from my home. I did good in my classes. I guess you would say I was an average B C  student. But I did get A's in some of my classes like Home Ec. I loved to sew and cook. Mom taught me how to sew. I made many of my own clothes. After school I went to college for a year and a half and need more money  so I got a job in a factory and never went back to college. I wish I would have continued my schooling. I work in that factory making car parts for over 20 years. A couple years after I got the job I moved into an apartment owned by a lady that had 15 cats! I lived upstairs with Charlie my one cat and her and her cats lived down stairs. Okay I love cats but 15 is just a little too many. In 1987 I started going to church at Faith Reformed church in Traverse City. I accepted Jesus as Lord and savior and was baptized and I  went there for about 10 years when a lady Kathy I worked with invited me to her church Greater Life  I liked the church better than mine. So I joined the church. I still watch their services on my computer. Well back in 1989 I met Curt at work. We started dating. We went to Niagara Falls NY in 2004. That was fun. In 2005 we decided to move to Florida where I got a job at Walmart in Lake City Florida. In 2010 in April Curt passed away from a heart attack. In July of 2010 I was riding my 10 speed bike home from work and was hit by a car. I was flown in a helicopter to the hospital and spent several months there. I was later put in a nursing home for a few months then put in another nursing home for many years. Then in 2018 I moved to an Assisted Living here in Lake City called Still Waters which later changed their name to Willow Creek.  I am in a wheel chair but I do walk with a walker in therapy class. I am still single with no children. I don't have any pets but we do have a cat named Stewart here at Willow Creek. He is such a nice kitty cat. Well that's most of my story. I would like to thank Tricia Robinson for the picture. Thank you for learning more about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Who Am I ? My name is Michelle Pelky. I live in northern Florida but I was born , raised and spent most of my life in northern Michigan in t...